Boat owners who keep their boats moored know all too well what a hassle it can be to regularly remove accumulated plants, algae and sea-creatures from their hulls - a process known as antifouling. The only solution to keeping modern high performance hulls in their intended condition is by keeping them out of the water. Neales offers outdoor (open) and covered spaces for most trailer boats. Keeping your vessel both out of the water and undercover is an investment in its future resale value.
Preparing your Boat for Storage
Choosing Neales Storage for your boat will give you the peace of mind that your vessel is in a secure and safe place away from marina fees, anti fouling expenses and the inevtiable . Preparing your boat correctly for storage will help to reduce the risk of any surprises when you wish to use it again..
- Flush the engine with our complimentary fresh water
- If you have a battery, you may wish to purchase a small solar charger and disconnect the battery.
- Release bungs to ensure any water can escape
- Remove ALL foodstuffs, bait etc.
- Secure all loose items and secure Bimini's etc.
- Place anything that can mould (books, clothes favourite hats etc) inside sealed bags.
- Remove batteries from all personal electrical items.
- Fill fuel tanks as much as possible to reduce condensation.
- Lastly, always check that your insurance is up to date and valid at all times wherever it is stored.